Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Human Genome
What is the Human Genome Project?
What is a genome?: A complete set of DNA
What are the goals of the human genome project?:
Provide a complete and accurate sequence of 3 billion DNA base pairs that make up human genes.
When did the project start?: April 2003.
How many genes has the project sequenced
mapped?: Base 200-2000
How many base pairs will be sequenced?:
What other species besides humans were
Who is involved in the project?: Aristides Patrinos succeeded Galas and Francis Collins succeeded James Watson
Group Members: Brian, Darnell, Alex, and Keyarra
What is being done with the information learned by the HGP?: Maintaining the human body and its structures