Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Iron (Fe)
If iron did not exist we would not have steel. That means we would not be able, or it would be harder to make things like bridges, swords, cars, etc.
1. Iron is a blackish-silver color.
2. Iron has a "metallic" odor.
3. Iron is solid at room temperature.
4. Iron melts at 1,538 degrees Celsius.
5. Iron boils at 2,750 degrees Celsius.
6. The atomic mass unit of iron is 55.845 AMU.
1. Iron costs $0.00446 per gram or $2.00 per pound.
2. The average amount iron in a woman is 3.5 grams, men have about 4 grams in their bodies, and children have about3 grams or less of iron in their bodies.
3. Iron is needed to live because it helps transport oxygen through your body, helps keep healthy blood cells, nails, hair and skin. This means iron has a high nutritional value.
Uses of Iron Today
Today, iron is used to make steel, refrigerators, ships, parts of other vehicles, forks, knifes, spoons, parts of computers, etc.
History of Iron
Iron was used since ancient times, but to this day, scientists are still not sure how it was discovered. In ancient times, iron was used for beads, ornaments, farming tools, and weapons.
By: me, Blake Wilkinson