Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Is it Ethical
Transcript of Is it Ethical
—stashing candy in a purse/pocket/backpack
- Fines, Incarceration, Community services, lack of trust. All depending on it severity.
-In most cases society frowns upon and legally takes action upon those that takes what does not belong to them. If its not your
- The shop owner has lost profit. Customers might have to pay higher prices to compensate the stolen items
Cheating on U.S. Federal income taxes to save nearly $2,000
Lying, cheating, and stealing are all socially not accepted, especially not from the government
(felony or misdemeanor) which could lead to Incarceration, Probation, Fines, and Restitution
In the long run the person indirectly hurts him/herself. The government is primarily run on income taxes, approximately 42% of total income. That money is used to build better roads and provide other necessary services that helps the country and the people that live in it to function properly. Not only be doing so you are hindering the prosperity of this country, you are also limiting much needed services to other people.
Skipping the automobile emissions inspection with the rationale that you are a mechanic who takes better care of your automobile than a service station
In order to provide protection it is legally and ethically necessary to follow and be up to date with all inspection. Even if the person is a mechanic, it is needed to get the inspections to make that everything is fully functional and will not cause harm to the person and anybody else.
- Fines, parking tickets, without valid inspection a person cannot renew the registration.
- If the car is not properly inspected it can cause harm to the owner if the car and to other people if it is to break down, crash, burn, etc. It is unsafe to drive with and unsafe to be on the roads where it can cause big problems.
How Important are Ethics is Today's Society
Ethics is the moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.
In today's society, I believe that ethics is as important as an individual wants. In my opinion, when it comes down to making decisions, most people react based on emotion and morals. If they could live with themselves after wards, most people break laws and ethical boundary. Whether its for profit, survival, or whatever other motifs that people may think of, ethics in most cases is no the foremost thought in people's mind.
January 14, 2015