Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Obdulio Varela
HIS EARLY CAREER
Known as the “Negro Jefe”, Obdulio Jacinto Varela emerged as a centerhalf and senior player at Deportivo Juventud.
Birthdate and place
Obdulio was born in Montevideo on 20th September 1917 and died in 1996
"Muchachos, los de afuera son de palo. Que empiece la función ". ("Boys, outsiders don't play. Let's start the show").
He played as a holding Midfielder, Centre back
He played 45 international matches for Uruguay from 1939 to 1954, in which he scored nine goals.
He's most remembered as the captain of the Uruguay team that won 1950 FIFA World Cup, in which he played a vital role. The decisive match was against the hosts Brazil.
Obdulio Varela died August 2nd, 1996. For as long as football is played and discussed, he will be remember as one of the game's brightest figures, one of the great field leaders of all time.
HOW OLD WAS HIM AT THE "MARCANAZO"???