Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AOF Summer Internship v2
Transcript of AOF Summer Internship v2
I'll be working in the city
I'll be reporting to Mr. Rooney
I need to be there by 7:30 AM
How am I feeling?
Will I be trained?
Where are the bathrooms?
When's my first paycheck?
How do I get the bus back to Jersey?
Where's the copying machine?
Finding out if this business thing is for me.
My typical day
Get Mr. Rooney his coffee.
Check emails and voicemails.
Read the audit program
Inquiries and analysis
Check in with mentor
Write in my journal
My desk...lots of coffee
What I liked most about my job
Lots of free lunch
What I hated about my job
Not being able to wake up at noon.
Making so many mistakes and having everyone notice
THE PHOTO COPIER
Recommendations for next year's Interns
Sign all my documents ahead of time
Find a job I will like
My clients and my tasks
1. At The City of NY I primarily moved permanent files so that the team would be ready for the Sept. Audit
2.At A&P I had to audit cash and accounts payable all on my own---terrifying!
3. At the MTA I had to perform tests of details for the employee benefit plan audi
Things I learned on my job
1. Arrive promptly and don't leave until you are dismissed.
2. Just because instant messenger is available, don't use it.
3. Only be absent for real emergencies
4. Don't leave until you are dismissed.
5. A balance sheet has to balance!
Photo 1st day of job and last day of job
Enjoy the ride!
I'm glad I did this internship because...