Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IB Conference Madrid-Oct 2012-Eric Lauzon
Transcript of IB Conference Madrid-Oct 2012-Eric Lauzon
Education and Technology
Do you Remember these names?
The ability of students to join collaborative study groups
Jobs of Tomorrow?
The US dept of Commerce ranked 55 industry sectors by their level of IT intensiveness*
It is how technology enables teachers to engage in new teaching practices
It is how the Curriculum becomes a 21st Century Curriculum
It is how Assessment becomes Assessment of 21st Century skills
The challenge is to prepare students for a world of constant change and make learning a life long habit.
The digital age is here to stay and change will accelerate
Education will drastically be transformed. It is only a matter of time.
The most popular web 2.0 tools in schools
- Social Networks (facebook, myspace)
- video and photo sharing (youtube.com and flickr.com)
Is IT applied to all of them in a consistent manner?
Lack of Resources
The new Z Generation
The Digital Native
Source: Ken Kay
* Digital Economy 2003, U.S. Department of Commerce, December 2003