Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ICT in Education
Transcript of ICT in Education
Operational definition of terms:
the computer and internet
connections used to handle and
communicate information for learning
a learning program that
makes use of an information network- such as the internet, an intranet (LAN) or extranet (WAN) whether wholly or in part, for course delivery, interaction and/or facilitation
learning models that combines the
face-to-face classroom practice
with e-learning solutions.
a paradigm of
learning that assumes learning as a process individuals ‘’construct’’ meaning or new
knowledge based on their prior knowledge and experience
*a learning environment that pays
attention to knowledge, skills, attitudes,
and beliefs that learners bring with them to
the learning process where its impetus is
derived from a paradigm of learning called
*it means students personal
engagement to the learning task using the
computer and or the internet connection
* Work places
Catalysts for Change
* Roles of ICTs
* Key challenges of Integration to Education Systems
* What are the benefits of ICTs in education?
* What are the existing promises of ICT use in education systems of developing countries?
* What are the limitations and key challenges of ICTs integration to education systems?
is a "social and political problem"
; not a technical one.
Benefits of ICT
* Studies reveal that students
using ICT facilities mostly show higher
learning gains than those who do not use.
* The use of ICTs in education also shifts the learning approaches.
* It contributes to a more constructivist
learning and an increase in activity and
greater responsibility of students.
*It limits the role of the teacher to supporting, advising, and coaching students rather than merely transmitting knowledge.
* It exerts impacts on pedagogical approaches in the classroom.
* It enhances policy-making and planning for education.
ICT in Education
* Formation of Open Universities
* Online Discussion
* Flipped Classroom
* Social Interaction & Discussion
Role of ICT in Education
* object for study
* an aspect of a discipline or
a profession and;
* a medium of instruction
"We are world leaders in ICT at
schools, recognizing its vital
importance to the future of all pupils. The figures show clearly the advances we have made in the field. It is an investment, not only in our children and in their lives in the 21st century, but in our country’s future as well."
ICT in Education
1. Student out comes such as higher
scores in school subjects or the learning of
entirely new skills needed for a developing
2. One should also consider teacher and classroom outcomes such as development of teachers’ technology skills and knowledge of new pedagogic approaches as well as improved attitudes toward teaching.
3. One has to consider other outcomes such as increased innovativeness in schools and access of community members to adult education and literacy.
* ICT provides a great deal of advantage in the delivery of equitable quality
education thereby providing an opportunity to improve the lives of our
* Offer the opportunity for more student centered teaching,
* Provide greater opportunity for
teacher-to-teacher and student-to student communication and collaboration,
*Give greater exposure to vocational
and workforce skills for students,
* Provide opportunities for multiple
technologies delivered by teachers,
* Create greater enthusiasm for learning
* Provide teachers with new sources of
information and knowledge,
•Prepare learners for the real world,
•Provide distance learners country-wide
with online educational materials
•Provide learners with additional
resources to assist resource-based