Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Greek Weapons
The spear, also known as the dory, was very important to the Greeks. They were 6 to 8 feet long with an iron head, a long wooden shaft, and a bronze end. The bronze end was used in case the iron head broke.
Many hoplites used swords in battle. Most swords were double edged and considered a secondary weapon. They were used only after the spear was thrown or broken.
The ballista was an ancient type of crossbow and one of the most powerful weapons in ancient Greece. It was very helpful during seiges.
The Armor and Shield
The armor of the Greek soldier protected them in battle from arrows, spears, and swords. The shield was used to smash many spears to destroy enemy chances.
By Neal Wirthlin
Greeks used warships to attack enemies on the sea. The trireme was a ship that had 75 oarmen on each side and could go up to 14 knots in good weather.