Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Road Ahead: Bridging the Policy Gap between Mental Healt
Transcript of The Road Ahead: Bridging the Policy Gap between Mental Healt
Sara M. Howe, CEO
Illinois Alcoholism & Drug Dependence Association
October 9, 2014
Drivers of Change - and Opportunities!
Affordable Care Act
Mental Health Parity & Addiction Equity Act
Increased attention to Mental Health & Addiction
Changes in public attitudes
Criminal justice/correctional system attention
Policy & Advocacy
Why Collaborate on Policy & Advocacy?
Most policymakers expect to hear from the field speaking in one singular voice.
Our job is to help policymakers understand the similarities and differences of our respective fields, and provide them with policy solutions that remove barriers to services.
Improving health service delivery & accessibility
Improving service delivery quality
Prevention and early intervention