Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introd to linguistic Sciences: Word formation processes
Transcript of Introd to linguistic Sciences: Word formation processes
Unit 4 Morphology: Word formation processes
What is a word?
Inmaculada Pineda, PhD
Word order = flexible
combination of bound morphemes with distinct meaning
morphemes have more than one meaning fused into one affix
grammatical info. conveyed by word order and particles
Word Formation Processes
1.- Can you identify the word formation process involved in producing each of these words? Briefly describe each process
Gangster Velcro Sauna Math Earphone rsvp
Electrocute Subconscious Espresso (coffee)
Seesaw To emote motocross
Workaholic To butter ASAP
2.- Find the neologisms in Nelly's song
Identify any slang or taboo words too.