Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Robert Fulton
Robert Fulton was an engineer & an inventor. He built mechanical paddles for his boat, and he moved to Philadelphia and sold portraits he painted.
He designed a submarine that was used in France's war with Britain but the people in Britain convinced him to switch sides and work for them.
He made a boat, failed then a year later it worked. He wanted to bring the boat he made to the U.S. but England didn't let him bring out of the country,two years later he got to bring it.
He's best known for making the first successful commercial steamboat.
He was born November 14th, 1765
Died February 24th,1815
He also build a boat for the North River steamboat. This steamboat carried passengers between New York City to New York.
Robert Fulton wanted to make his art skills better so, he studied mathematics and science.Then he went to do art to inventing.
~ Robert Fulton thought about building another submarine for the British but because of the defeat with Napoleon.
~ People joked about his steamboat and called it "Fulton's Folly"