Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Innovation: Designing the Future through Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Transcript of Innovation: Designing the Future through Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Designing the future through innovation and entrepreneurship
What is this talk about?
Why - how - what of innovation and entrepreneurship
Try methods yourselves!
You need pencil and paper ready
Draw your neighbour - 30 secs
Because: Laughter, playfulness, trust important for creativity as well as learning
Why innovation and entrepreneurship?
The world is changing
- education has to change with it
- children need to be able to design a better future in collaboration with others
How can we stop the world from changing?
Share with neighbour!
Because: We need people who can think up new ways of doing things
What is innovation and entrepreneurship?
new ways of using old things
Creating a product or a procedure which provides new value for somebody else
Sarasvathy: An entrepreneur asks 3 questions:
1) What am I good at?
2) Who do I know?
3) What effort (and money) am I prepared to invest?
I would like to arrange a string of concerts in different countries. Do you know somebody I should contact?
Children have to learn how to act in real-life contexts, outside school
Who learns what?
Being innovative & entrepreneurial themselves
Teaching in order to empower pupils to become innovative and entrepreneurial
Becoming innovative and entrepreneurial to...
1) better the world together with others
2) learn more in the subjects
3) create a fun, meaningful and good life for themselves
1) subject skills
2) action competence
aware - enable - empower
Providing SOLUTIONS to REAL PEOPLE on REAL PROBLEMS
How do I get all pupils to participate in class discussions?
Solution: Card game that trains question types + use of online voting system
How do I involve parents in school work?
Solution: Manual on BEEs - ways of involving parents in homework, meetings and projects
Find a partner.
Plan your trip to the moon.
Say yes.... and....
Play, fun, movement,
thinking out of the box
Tools for teachers:
PROBLEM: WE NEED NEW METHODS FOR MAKING PUPILS AWARE OF GLOBALIZATION AND ABLE TO ACT AS GLOBAL CITIZENS
SOLUTION: ??? - prepared in your teams and to be presented in a workshop on 19 March, lasting 15 minutes
HOW: Using methods from design thinking today + upload on blog + be ready with product & workshop on 19 March
Design for Change: Children changing the world