Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ancient Chinese Environment
Transcript of Ancient Chinese Environment
These influenced the development of ancient China.
What kind of borders are these? the hills and plains of China were home to large farming communities Bodies of Water Two of the world's longest rivers are found in China. The Huang He (Yellow River) Chang Jiang
(Yangtze River) Today... Located in Sanyou Cave (above the Chang Jiang River....
a RESTAURANT!) --> "Sanyou Restaurant" Snow melting in the western mountains and heavy winter rains cause rivers like these
to flood in China.
They have caused millions of deaths throughout history Climate Since ancient times, the climate of China hasn't really changed...
What affects climate?
- how high up you are from the sea (on a hill or a mountain..)
- nearness to bodies of water
- winds Central and southeastern
hot and wet in the summer,
cool and dry in winter
stays warm and humid
most of the year
Animal Life In ancient China, animals,
birds, and fish were hunted, raised for food, and kept as pets Many animals that came from
China are now found in other
parts of the world. Vegetation Thousands of kinds of plants come from China. However, it is difficult to be sure what grew in different regions before the land was farmed.
The plants in warmer climates are very different from plants in colder and drier regions Lychee fruit rubber tree rice field bamboo forest cotton field