Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Bird flu in Wisconsin
Transcript of Bird flu in Wisconsin
By: Mary Hanley
Last Monday, Governor Scott Walker declared an outbreak of avian influenza, also know as "bird flu" in Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker who is the current governor of Wisconsin
The Wisconsin National State Guard is helping contain the disease
USDA (the U.S. department of agriculture)
Bird flu is a terrible disease that is very life threatening to poultry and humans. The disease can kill an entire flock of birds within 48 hours of being infected. If the disease is not located in a flock, the eggs and meat that come from the poultry will be contaminated with the deadly disease.
This event happened last week on Monday. Others states have been reporting recent break outs this April.
This event effects the future and present, the birds with the flu could be killed and shipped to stores as meat infecting humans. Eggs could also be sold to people resulting in an infection.
Thanks for listening!