Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rankin - European Union
Transcript of Rankin - European Union
(27 countries total) Formed to coordinate policy on:
• Justice and home affairs Supranationalism – political, economic, and/or cultural cooperation to promote shared objectives. Common market – a trade group that has common policies on tariffs and freedom of movement of people and goods across its boundaries. Timeline 1950 – Idea forms for common market for coal and steel in France Candidates: Croatia, Macedonia, Turkey 2007 – Bulgaria, Romania join 2004 – Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia join 2002 – Euro is introduced to 12 member states 1995 – Austria, Finland, Sweden join 1992 – Renamed to EU after Maastrict Treaty 1986 – Spain and Portugal join 1981 – Greece joins 1973 – UK, Ireland, Denmark join 1957 – EEC is formed (France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg) The US has Federalism; The EU has supranationalism. Why do countries want to join the EU?
to become more developed
for economic protection
to have more economic power
to bring in workers