Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tools, Utensils and Equipment Needed In Egg Preparation
Transcript of Tools, Utensils and Equipment Needed In Egg Preparation
1. Channel Knife – a small hand tool used generally in decorative works such as making garnishes.
1. Egg Poacher – A miniature Bain Marie with an upper dish containing indentations each sized to hold an egg or contains separate device for poaching.
1. Oven - a chamber or compartment used for cooking, baking, heating,
2. Colander – a perforated bowl of varying sizes made of stainless steel, aluminum or plastic, used to drain, wash or cook ingredients from liquid.
3. Offset spatula – a broad – bladed implement bent to keep the hand off hot surfaces. It is used for turning and lifting eggs, pan cakes, and meats on griddles, grills, sheet pans, and the likes and also used to scrape and clean griddles.
4. Pastry Brush – a small implement used to brush the surface of unbaked pastries or cookies with egg white, egg yolk or glaze.
RUBBER SCRAPER OR SPATULA
5. Rubber spatula or scraper – a broad flexible plastic or rubber scraper, that is rectangular in shape with a curve on one side. It is used to scrape off all the contents of bowls and pans from the sides and fold in beaten eggs in batter or whipped cream.
6. Sieve – a screen – type mesh supported by a round metal frame used for sifting dry ingredients like starch and flour.
7. Spoons: solid, slotted and perforated – large stainless spoons holding
about 3 ounces used for mixing, stirring, and serving. Slotted and
perforated spoons are large, long-handled spoons with holes in the
bowl used to remove larger solid particles from liquids.
WIRE WHIP OR WHISK
8. Wire whip or Whisk – a device with loops of stainless steel wire fastened to a handle. It is used for blending, mixing, whipping eggs or
batter, and for blending gravies, sauces, and soups.
2. Omelet Pan – a heavy-based frying usually of cast iron or copper, with rounded sloping sides used exclusively for omelets and never washed after used but cleaned with absorbent paper.
3. Measuring cup - a kitchen utensil used for measuring liquid or bulk solid cooking ingredients such as flour and sugar.
4. Measuring spoon- used to measure an amount of an ingredient, either liquid or dry, when cooking. Measuring spoons may be made of plastic, metal, and other materials.
5. Sauce pan- deep cooking pan with a handle used primarily for cooking sauce.
6. Mixing bowl - these containers have smooth, rounded interior surfaces with no creases to retain some mixture and is used for mixing ingredients.
2. Electric mixer - A hand-held mixer which usually comes with various attachments including a whisk attachment for whisking cream, batters and egg whites, and sugar
3. Refrigerator - a kitchen appliance where you store food at a cool temperature.