Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Habits of Mind
Transcript of Habits of Mind
"One of the most important jobs teachers have in the classroom is not just imparting knowledge and facts to their students, but teaching them
how to learn and how to become critical thinkers."
Bonney & Sterneberg
Stick with it- Don't Quit!
2. Managing Impulsivity
Think before you act!
3. Listening to Others- With Understanding and Empathy
Listen not only for what someone knows, but also for what he or she is trying to represent.
4. Thinking Flexibly
Think of other ways problems can be viewed. Shift your perspective
Habits of Mind attend to Value, Inclination, Sensitivity, Capability and Commitment.
Jill Lyn Rooks
Habits of Mind
5. Thinking About our Thinking
Plan for, reflect on, and evaluate your own thinking skills
6. Striving for Accuracy and Precision
keep reworking until your highest goals and standards are met
7. Questioning and Posing Problems
Use the human ability to find problems to solve
8. Applying Past Knowledge to New Situations
Learn from the Past and Carry it into the Future!
9. Thinking and communicating with Clarity and Precision
10. Gathering Data through All Senses
Experience the World through as many different avenues as possible
11. Creating, Imagining, and Innovating
Say what you mean and mean what you say
12. Responding with
Wonderment and Awe
Be curious, find beauty, be passionate about learning
13. Taking Responsible Risks
Take intellectual and physical risks
Creative people take risks and push the boundaries of their perceived limits (Perkins, 1985).
"The only way to succeed is to be brave enough to risk failure."
14. Finding Humor
Laughter has been found to liberate creativity.
15. Thinking Interdependently
Take care of each other. All of us are more powerful, intellectually or physically, than one individual.
16. Learning Continuously
Keep learning- strive for improvement.
The Habits of Mind should be a goal of education- together they are the primary vehicles in the lifelong journey in learning.
Habits of Mind. (2010). Retrieved February 27, 2013 from http://www.habitsofmindinternational.com.
Costa, A.L. (2010). Habits of Mind. California State University: Sacramento.
Make a difference in the life of student!