Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ciguatera Fish Poisoning (Gambierdiscus)
Transcript of Ciguatera Fish Poisoning (Gambierdiscus)
What are the observed ecological , economic , and social impacts?
Pollution in areas where there are large amounts of CFP cases suffer economically because of lost of productivity and medical expenses.
What are possible causes ?
Animal diseases are suspected to cause behavior modification that may lead to disease in fish.
What can be done to reduce or mange this type of HAB?
DO NOT EAT THE FISH WITH CFP
What can scientists do with the info they may have learned regarding this harmful algal blooms ?
What type of organisms are responsible ?
Found in large reef fish such as ,
Barracudas , Black groupers , Blackfin snappers , Horse eye jacks.
What species are affected ?
These toxins are harmless to fish but poisonous to other animals and humans who consumes them.