Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tech Foundry - Overview
Transcript of Tech Foundry - Overview
unemployed, yet employers can't find qualified technology candidates
Technology is changing rapidly and today's youth, known as "digital natives",
have very little idea of
how technology works.
Only Use, Don't Create Tech
Develop regional workforce through partnerships with corporations,
community colleges, nonprofits
and high schools
1) Recruit high school students with the interest and aptitude for IT.
2) Train them in technical and soft skills
3) Place them in entry level jobs
4) Create track to continue
1) Build a workforce of IT professionals
2) Attract new business and talent
3) Larger companies establish
offices in the Pioneer
The public schools are not providing the education needed to enter the IT workforce from both a technical and soft-skill perspective.
1) Recruit 30 high school students this summer before their senior year.
2) Train them intensively in skills ranging
from conflict resolution and stress
management to programming
Upon graduation, the students will be placed in entry-level jobs
Located in downtown Springfield,
Massachusetts, this learning
and working environment
is designed to feel like a
The Pilot Program
Working with teams