Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
INTERNET ADDICTION SEMINAR P.
Transcript of INTERNET ADDICTION SEMINAR P.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF INTERNET ADDICTION
THE EFFECTS OF INTERNET ADDICTION?
1.Poor impulse control-unable to stop visiting websites
2.Lower productivity-have lower rates of productivity
3.Inability to communicate with the real world
4.Lack of exercise and movement
WHAT IS ADDICTION?
WHAT IS THE EFFECTS OF INTERNET ADDICTION?
WHAT IS ADDICTION?
Video game addiction is an excessive or compulsive use of computer games or video games, which interferes with a person's everyday life.
Video game addiction
3. Need for a bigger fix. Does the gamer have to play for longer and longer periods in order to get the same level of enjoyment from the game?
4. Withdrawal. Some Internet and gaming addicts become irritable or anxious when they disconnect, or when they are forced to do so.
5. Cravings. Some Internet and gaming addicts experience cravings, or the need to play the game or be online when they are away from the digital world.
Top 5 warning signs of gaming or Internet addiction
1. Disrupted regular life pattern. If a person plays games all night long and sleeps in the daytime, that can be a warning he or she should seek professional help.
2. If the potential gaming or Internet addict loses his or her job, or stops going to school in order to be online or to play a digital game.
Examples of game addiction
13-Year-Old Commits WoW Suicide
Xiao Yi was 13 when he jumped from the top of a 24-story building. The note he left behind for his parents was written from the point of view of a video game character. Further, the note detailed his wish to meet three of his gaming friends in the afterlife.
13-Year-Old Murders Woman for Subscription Money
In 2007, A 13-year-old boy named Dinh The Dan killed an 81-year-old woman and stole her money in order to fund an online gaming addiction. Vietnamese police report that Dan strangled the woman with a piece of rope, then buried her in a pile of sand in front of his house.
Although technology has brought us many beneficial influences during short term but it also brings many negative impacts to us like addiction ,during the long term usage of the internet
Man Kills Toddler Over Broken Xbox
Tyrone Spellman, 27, played long hours on his Xbox. So, when his 17-month-old daughter pulled on some cords and tipped the Xbox to the ground, breaking it, he become completely enraged. He struck her with such force that it “cracked her skull several times.”
Daniel Petric Kills Mother Over Halo 3
After his mother and father took Halo 3 away from him, Daniel Petric, 17, unlocked the safe in which they’d hidden it. Also in the safe was a 9mm pistol. He then took the game and the pistol to his parent’s room, asked them to close their eyes because he had a surprise for them, and shot them both in the head. The father survived with critical injuries, but his mother died instantly.
Compulsive habit that people obtain through repetition
GTA-Inspired Cop Killing
There is little doubt that Devin Moore’s cop-killing spree and subsequent theft of a police cruiser were inspired by the ultraviolent video game series Grand Theft Auto. Moore took one gun from an officer, shot three others with it, and fled the station in a police cruiser. Moore was a obsessed with the GTA series of video games, and, once captured, he told police "Life's like a video game. You've got to die sometime."
Fifty-Hour Starcraft Session
A man in South Korea almost pulled off three all-nighters…in a row. After a 50-hour Starcraft session, the South Korean man collapsed and died from heart failure. It was presumed that his death was caused by exhaustion
AM I ADDICTED !?!?
What is Social Networking Addiction?
Social networking addiction is someone who spending too much time using social media
How To Know That I Addicted???
What is internet addiction?
ONLINE SHOPPING ADDICTION
VIDEO GAMES ADDICTION
SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICTION
AM I ADDICTED !?!?
· Spending at least four hours
· Bringing cell phones into the bathroom
· Keep Checking websites
· Cancelling more and more activities
· Cannot connect to the Internet
· Feeling physically ill when you cannot get on the Internet or if a favorite social media website is down.
Individual inability to control the use of internet which interferes with their daily life
REASONS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
Online shopping is a form of
electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly buy good and services from a seller or a store over the internet by using the web browser
The internet has many benefits however we must be very careful that we do not become overly reliant on modern day technology and become addicted in the process
Teresa Martinez Hernandez