Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Greek Easter
the week running up to Easter Sunday when religious services take place
the death of Christ on the cross
the return of Jesus Christ to life after his death on the cross IST - Grade 3 Greek Orthodox Easter http://churchmusic.goarch.org/resources/christisrisen Easter in Greece - is the biggest holiday of the year and is even more important than Christmas, with week long celebrations and traditions.
The Greek Orthodox Church (orthos - correct; doxa - belief) plays a large role in the Greek Easter or 'Pascha' celebrations. Alithos Anesti - He is truly risen Holy Friday - the most sacred day of the week and is a day or mourning. The church bells ring the death knell all morning. At dusk the Epitafio is paraded through the village or streets. Greeks have an egg cracking tradition, known as tsougrisma. Eggs are cracked against one another's to see who ends up with the whole egg. Orthodox Christians celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.