Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
History Of Photography
Transcript of History Of Photography
Niepce and The first image
The word "Photography"
From black & white to colors
- 16th Century: Darkened Room (Camera Obscura)
- 17th, 18th and 19th Century: Camera Obscura used by artists
- Professor J.Sculze accidentally discovered the "Photo-Sensitivity"
- Niepce created the first permanent Image
- Nicephore Niepce combined "Camera Obscura" with "Photo-Sensitivity"
The word photography came from Greek
"Photo" means light and "Graph" means drawing
Photography means "Drawing with light"
Sir John Herschel first used the word "Photography"
Scottish physicists named James Clerk-Mazwell changed the black and white to colors
"Color Separation" method.
First Kodak Camera
A new generation of Photographers
The new form was called "Straight Photography"
A New generation emerged who were determined to turn away from "Pictorial Style" And it's soft-focused, un-manipulated and sharply focused approach.
(1874 - 1940)
(1891 - 1968)
(1819 - 1869)
Jakson, William Henry
(1843 - 1940)
First Photographs Exhibition
Consisted of 1009 Photographs.
Museum of Modern Art
(August 22, 1908 - August 03, 2004)
Born in Chantaloup, France
This little boy carrying 2 bottles of wine
"Little girls swinging at the park"
(December 23, 1908 - July 13, 2002)
Born in Mardin, Armenia
Most famous portrait for Yousuf is Churchill's picture
Yousuf took this picture in December 30, 1941 after Churchill gave a speech.
Born in Philadelphia
(April 23, 1950)
This picture was on the cover of National Geographic magazine in 1985.
Her name is Gula Sharbat.
She was born in 1972.
Steve took this picture in a refugee camp, Pakistan.
The picture was taken in December, 1984.
"I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good"
"I think a photography class should be a requirement in all education programs because it makes you see the world rather just look at it"
"Girl with a Pearl Earring"