Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Medical Robots
- Medical robots conduct different surgeries
- They assist surgeons during surgery- allow the surgeons
to have more access to the part of patient Human Functions that Robots Simulate -Deliver patient samples to laboratory
-Help with surgery
- Provide help for walking (for patients)
-Stand-ins for doctors and nurses The robot will quickly interview the patient, and will take vital signs. Then it will decided what kind of care the patient needs. Medical robots are used mainly in hospitals. Although,
some doctors offices and pediatricians have robots to assist them in their work. The work envelope of a medical robot is its range of motion Medical Robots can reach forward, backward, up, and down.
The amount of flexibility is dependent of how long their arms are. Most medical robots have at least six degrees of freedom, but many have more (Humanoid robots have 30 or more!). The end effector is multi-functional. It can take care of a sick person, help dentists take care of peoples teeth, and can help doctors do operations end effector How the Robot is Taught its Task - It is programed to help patients with health problems. This means that the creator programs it to ask certain questions, record their answers, then report to doctor.
- It does not learn through watching doctors preform the task. -Medical robots see through a camera, in its eyes
-For operations, it has a light sensor for light
-It has a speed sensor to move Sensors Pros Cons -Reduces pain
-Greater access to body
-Makes it a smooth operation -Cost = expensive!!
-Long operating time
-Surgeon does not have direct contact with medical instruments
-Technology is advancing quickly
- Robot may malfunction Pros and Cons Impact on Intended Audiences By Ali Najjar & Mark D'Augelli - It can be more precise, so the robots preform more advanced operations
- It could improve outcomes of surgery
- Robot could malfunction Jobs and Career Option - Provide employment in hospitals to help doctors with patients
-Help dentists perform tasks
-Can record information for doctors - They might be able to perform surgeries by itself, instead of people assisting it
- More detailed robots
- It can provide help to any human with any illness Future of Medical Robots THANKS FOR WATCHING!