Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tornadoes
A tornado is a violent rotating column of air extending from a thunderstorm to the ground. The most violent tornadoes are capable of destruction with wind speeds up to 300 miles per hour and can cause destruction.
Well, I will tell you there is thunderstorms, wind, rain and hail.
Cool, what's next?
What time of year do weather phenomenon occurs?
Tornadoes mostly occur in March through May and in the Southern states and Northern states.
What weather tools are used to measure wind speed,temperature,air pressure and more?
Where do tornadoes usually occur?
Tornadoes usually occur in the Southern and Northern states and the Central United States and "Tornado Alley".
Jobs associated with tornadoes are meteorologist and storm chasers.
What jobs are associated with tornadoes?
By: Ryan Mitchell-Bagley
Do you know what some associated weather is with tornadoes?
Some things are a Pressure Gauge, Weather Station and a Barometer.
How can tornadoes impact people and their lives?
It can severely injure or kill people and destroy their homes and lives.
Here are some safety tips for you if you need help in a tornado.
1) Get as low to the ground as possible in a basement. 2) Get in a room with no windows. 3) Get in a crouch position with hands on your neck tight.
What is the most costly occurrence?
It was May 22, 2011 in Joplin Missouri the cost $2,800,000,000 and the retail was $2,907,000,000. That's a lot money!
What was the last occurrence in North Carolina?
The last one was on October 7, 2013.