Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
All About Oedipus The King or Oedipus REX
Transcript of All About Oedipus The King or Oedipus REX
First performed 429 BCE
Oedipus the King
1) What is the situation in Thebes at the beginning of the play?
2) What news does Creon bring Oedipus?
3) According to Creon, what happened to former King Laius?
4) What does Oedipus decide to do?
5) Who is Teiresias ?
6) What does Oedipus eventually accuse Creon of?
7) When is the climax/moment of reversal in the play?
8) Why does Oedipus punish himself instead of killing himself?
9) At the end of the play, what is Oedipus's greatest concern?
Who is the protagonist of this play?
Is there an antagonist?
Is there a raisonneur?
What is "idea" of this play?
How well did you read?
Working with your team, find a passage of
the play that you think best expresses the idea--the meaning behind the play.
Underline it or write in on an index card.
Someone from your team will read it aloud to the class
Remember, Aristotle thought that idea, or what we might call theme or the spine of the play was very important.