Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of GIS Prezi
GPS is a system,
just like GIS,
and in this system,
there are 3 components... 1. GPS recievers 2. A satellite constellation 3. Ground control stations At any given time, ther are around 32 U.S. satellites orbiting 11,000 nautical miles above the Earth! Remote Sensing There are 2 kinds... Passive... and Active Remote Sensing Passive Remote sensing uses devices like cameras to collect naturally reflected energy off of the Earth's surface. Active Remote Sensing collects energy when it bounces back to the device, like Radar. Surveying Its the oldest of the Geospatial Technologies! Its a very precise job, they measure distances, angles and the like. George Washington was a surveyor by trade! So were Lewis and Clark! The End! So ther you have it! An exciting and rewarding career is awiting for you with Geospatial Technologies!