Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Murders in the Rue Morgue
Transcript of The Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Rising Action- Narrator and Dupin
read about the murders in the paper.
3. Conflict- Police make arrest, Adolphe Le Bon. Plot Diagram 4. Climax- "Orangutan Found" ad in the newspaper popular with sailors.
5. Falling Action- Narrator waits for the sailor, and he goes to Dupin to explain how the orangutan was in Rue Morgue
6. Conclusion- Le Bon gets released, the Sailor sells the orangutan and Dupin thrilled Justice Mood Curious
Suspenseful Rising Action Conflict Climax Falling Action Resolution/Conclusion Tone Two guys were in a library looking for the same book. One was the narrator and the other was Monsieur C. Auguste Dupin. They met in the Rue Montmartre. They became very close friends, and moved in together. After being together, they read in the newspaper about a murder in an apartment. Auguste’s friend, Adolphe Le Bon, was the one being accused of murdering two ladies, Madame L’Espanaye and her daughter, Mademoiselle Camille. He did not believe that Adolphe did it, so he decided to investigate himself. The police could not figure it out. The evidence that was collected about it: there was money left there, so robbery wasn’t the motive, one body was not found until later, in a courtyard. The reporter said it is impossible to escape from the inside, and there was a trail of soot leading to the chimney. The most important thing was that the hair found on one of the bodies was not a human hair. It is of an orangutan. The capture of the animal catches the attention of the owner because it is his most prized possession. The sailor explains what happened: he was out partying and the orangutan escaped from his closet and took a razor blade. And since the animal is much stronger he did not bother trying to stop it. He watched it kill both ladies, got scared and ran from it, but then takes blame and admits to it all. His friend, Le Bon was released from jail, and Dupin proved the police wrong, and they were embarrassed but glad it was over.