Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Presentation Hierarchies 11g
Transcript of Presentation Hierarchies 11g
(And what am I doing here!?)
* Director of Business Intelligence
* Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g BI Foundation
Certified Implementation Specialist
* Beards. Motorcycles. Roll Tide.
* OBIEE consultant for six years
The "KEY" is... For all child level columns, append all prior parent columns
make the child key value unique across all parents
reused child codes/values in multiple parents!
What Your Parents Didn't Tell You…
About OBIEE 11g Presentation Hierarchies!
Director of BI
Business Intelligence for JDE
* Cloud-based SaaS and on-prem BI offerings:
EmeraldVision & Oracle (OBIEE)
* Subscription and traditional software acquisition models
* Business Intelligence
* JD Edwards Managed Services/CNC
Managed Services for JDE
* On demand and managed services plans
* EmeraldPrism: Unmatched proactive, monitoring, alerting
* JDE technical upgrades, functional improvement,
process re-engineering, CNC
Introduced in OBIEE 11g
Intuitive behavior for users
...but with some not-so-obvious quirks!
A must-have for Essbase cube analysis
This session will focus on their usage
on relational DB
Avoid numeric data type columns as the hierarchy level display!
Don't rename presentation tables or hierarchies!
+ Presentation Hierarchy
+ "Excluded" cols
Director of BI
If you want
then you want
* UNION statements for each level!
Choosing a few or less? Well done!
Wait, you're seriously using five or more!?
Uh, well then...
"You have chosen... wiiiisely."
"He chose... poooorly."
data type columns as the hierarchy level display
(And an oddity...)
"Parent values after children"
* For each hierarchy column, this is compounded!
* Therefore, be careful how many you throw into a query...
* Look at the performance costs and review SQL
* Pre-built BI data warehouse specifically for JDE
* OBIEE managed service and support offerings
(meaning, Cartesian product!!)