Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Catteeuw (KdG) - 13-14 - B4E - Introduction
Transcript of Catteeuw (KdG) - 13-14 - B4E - Introduction
2. Assignment - 5 p.
3. Paper - 10 p.
1. Presentation - 5 p.
Task 2 - Stadsklap
1. Think about the group you'll meet:
What imlage do you have of this group?
What are the anxieties of this group?
2. What could be your contribution to this talk:
What do you think important in life?
What could be interesting to tell?
Which differences do I expect?
3. Compare with your home country
Task 2 - Written report
What were your expectations before you went to Stadsklap?
Were these expectations met?
What did you learn from it
What took you by surprise, both negative and positive?
Which elements could you link to the course of ICC?
How would you describe the interpreter?
What is your general opinion of this experience/task?
Write an essay about an intercultural topic touching upon the lectures
The paper should be original
Mind: limit the descriptive character of your paper
Deadline: 16 December
Paper: 2500 words
Choose subject (deadline 18 November)
1) Interview an international student or expat 2) Visit a subculture 3) Culture clash in politics 4) Culture clash in economics 5) Film analysis 6) Literature study 7) E-mail correspondence 8) Intercultural communication in news media 9) Own idea
All papers will be electronically tested on plagiarism
Plagiarism will immediately lead to FAILED
Interview an international student or expat
Visit a subculture
Culture clash in politics
Culture clash in economics
Intercultural communication in news media