Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
ROLE OF UGC,NCTE
Transcript of ROLE OF UGC,NCTE
It mediates interests between institutions and the Administration. On the one hand, the UGC safeguards the academic freedom and institutional autonomy of the institutions, while on the other it ensures value for money for the taxpayers. The Committee has open channels to both the institutions and Government, since it offers advice to, and receives advice from, both.
• Allocates grants to the universities and colleges out of its own funds for their development or other general purpose.
• Advises the central and state government on disbursing grants to the universities out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
• Advises any authority on the establishment of new university or on the proposal seeking expansion of any university.
• Collects information on university education in India and in other countries.
ROLE OF UGC,NCTE & NUEPA
I B.Ed Biological Science and English
UGC acronym stands for University Grants Commission, India. It is a statutory body that was started in 1956. It was set up by the Union Government of India to ensure that the standard of the University education in India is maintained. Professor Ved Prakash was heading this institute when it started and he was a great academician. The UGC has its headquarters in New Delhi. As of today the offices can be located in all the major cities including Kolkata, New Delhi and Bangalore.
• Seeks information from the universities from time to time. The information may range from the financial position of the university, their various branches of learning to the rules and regulations followed in a particular university.
• Imparts education to the students in various streams through its Country wide classroom teachings and a four-year old 24 hours educational channel 'Vyas'.
Conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) through its National Educational Testing Bureau in a bid to determine eligibility for lectureship.
University Grants Commission has recently launched an 'e-scripting' course in television for all those students who want to make a career in broadcast media. The course is being run by its Consortium of Educational Communication, an Inter University Centre of the UGC on electronic media.
The UGC controls the following in India:
1. Maintaining the standard of research, teaching and examination in the universities.
2. Promoting university education
3. Making regulations to maintain the minimum standard of education in the country
4. It is a link between the union government and the institutes of higher education
5. It also advises the government about the steps to be taken in order to improve the education system.
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is an Indian government body set up under the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 in 1995 is to formally oversee standards, procedures and processes in the Indian education system.This council function for the central as well as state governments on all mattter with regards to the Teacher Education.
• To achieve planned and coordinated development of teacher education system throughout the country.
• To regulate and properly maintian the Norms and Standards in the teacher education system and for matters connected therewith.
• It aims at training individuals for equipping them to teach pre-primary, primary, secondary and senior secondary stages in schools, non-formal and part-time education, adult education (correspondence) and distance education courses.
NCTE completed and recognized the revised Regulations 2014. Such includes:
• Establishment of Teacher Education in Composite institutions that consists of multi-disciplinary or multi teacher education programmes.
• Each programme curriculum gives importance to Yoga Education, ICT, Inclusive education etc.
• Open and Distance Learning (ODL) has developed and improved in performance due to in-built quality assurane mechanisms
National University for Educational Planning and Administration, also known as National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), is situated in Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi. The university was set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
To organize pre-service and in-service training programmes in the area of educational planning and administration and allied disciplines;
To provide academic and professional guidance to agencies, institutions and personnel engaged in educational planning and administration;
To act as a clearing house of ideas and information on research, training and extension in educational planning and administration services and other programmes;
To organize training, conferences, workshops, meetings, seminars and briefing sessions for educational personnel of the Central and State Governments and Union Territories;
To offer, on request, consultancy service to Governments, including State Governments, educational institutions and institutions/organizations in India & abroad.
To provide, on request, facilities for training and research in educational planning and administration to other countries, especially of the Asian Region, and collaborate with them in programmes;
To offer fellowships, scholarships and academic awards in furtherance of the objects of the National University;
To conduct the above-mentioned programmes and courses in its off - Campuses, and off-shore campuses; and
To do or perform all such other acts, functions and things as may be deemed necessary, desirable or incidental by the National University in furtherance of the above objectives of the National University.