Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Homiletical Excellence
CLEAR & SYSTEMATIC OUTLINE
7 Tips to Homiletical Excellence
LIFESTYLE OF LEARNING
SENSITIVITY TO THE HOLY SPIRIT AND CRITICAL MIND
Quality preaching does not happen by accident.
ATTITUDE AFTER THE SERVICE
It is the result of hard work, creative thinking, careful research, and a dependence on the Holy Spirit. In other words,
there is no shortcut to homiletic excellence.
Engaging, dynamic and Spirit-led presentation
PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT IN PREACHING
God wants to use YOUR personality as a channel to communicate His Word.
Let your message and the manner in which you present it be your own unique product.
• Don't try to be overly complicated or profound.
• You are there to minister to them, not to impress them.
The attractiveness of
Christ was not primarily in His physical appearance.
Simplicity is intensified and exalted naturalness.
It was His character and personality which were so appealing.
Be simple in words, manners and gestures. Amuse as well as instruct. If you can make people LAUGH, you can make them THINK and make them LIKE and BELIEVE you. – Alfred E. Smith
• Let your style of communication flow freely and naturally.
• Naturalness and originality combined.
A good preacher must learn to be flexible and to adapt to many different circumstances.
Anyone called to fulfill this role should surely dedicate himself wholeheartedly to ensure the highest possible level of effectiveness.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Know the fact;
hug the fact, for the essential thing is HEAT, and HEAT comes from SINCERITY!
- Original theme
- Thesis Statement
- Message from God
Start with a strong and persistent desire!
"If your church could look into your mind and heart now and ascertain the sincerity of your desires, they could foretell, with certainty, the swiftness of the progress of your desire to please GOD."
- Assemble those thoughts in an orderly fashion
- Congregation can easily follow the line of truth you are seeking to convey.
Heart and soul of topic
identify the MAJOR POINTS you wish to make
motivate your listeners to appropriate actions
Spirit, Soul and Body
Spiritual, emotional, mental, physical, financial, etc.
Technical (ppt, notes, etc)
Practice. Practice. Practice.
• Learn as much as you can about the topic of your talk!
• Use all research sources available to saturate yourself with all the relevant information.
"The best way for you to gain confidence is to prepare so well on something that you really want to say…"
Public Speaking Today
Clear and effective communication of the truth
Present your topic in a manner which will captivate the minds of your hearers.
• Song/ verse/ illus/ prayer/ exhibit/ combination
• The attention power of shocking facts or…
• Value of the seemingly casual opening
Word of God
Listen to the Spirit's promptings.
- Allow the HOLY SPIRIT to move
- Signs, wonders and miracles
Anointing is the key.
Who you are...
What you want...
What your prayer is...
Use your experiences.
Be open with the Holy Spirit's prompting.
Be open with your own spirit!
Read books… everyday.
Listen. Carefully listen. (word of God)
Engage. Sensitivity in action
Start with #1.
Clear & Systematic Outline
Engaging, dynamic & Spirit-led presentations
Attitude after the service
Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit & critical mind
7. LIFESTYLE OF LEARNING
Read books everyday.
Start with the concept.