Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
As One People
Transcript of As One People
People in Grenada
How we deal with the inevitable differences between us
determines our potential as a nation.
Constitutional Democracy ?
How does This Discrimination affects us all?
LGBT- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual
The Sexuality "Oil Down"
Constitutional anti-discrimination provisions
recognise that minority rights can’t be
held hostage to majority views."
13(2) No person shall be treated in a discriminatory manner by any person acting by virtue of any written law or in the performance of the functions of any public office or any public authority.
(3) In this section, the expression "discriminatory" means affording different treatment to different persons attributable wholly or mainly to their respective descriptions by
RACE, PLACE OF ORIGIN, POLITICAL OPINIONS, COLOUR, CREED OR SEX
violence & threats of violence
discrimination at work
discrimination in relation to the provision of services
fracturing of families & communities
public health implications
International Covenant on civil & political rights
International Convention on Economic Social & Cultural Rights
American Convention on Human Rights
Convention Against torture & other cruel inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
Our International Obligations
“…every citizen of Grenada is entitled to the equal protection and equal benefit of all fundamental rights and freedoms herein declared, without regard to age, colour, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of origin, social class, disability, language, HIV/AIDS status religious or political belief…”
6-10% of any population
Grenada HIV/AIDS Stragetic Plan 2012-2016