Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Microsoft Office: Gaining Insight into the Life of a College
Transcript of Microsoft Office: Gaining Insight into the Life of a College
Case Overview - Part B
Microsoft hired a team to conduct a study and make recommendations.
They wanted to understand:
the mindset of a typical college student
how students interact with technology
what contributes to the adoption of a technology product by students
how students perceive the value of Microsoft and its competitors
They utilized ethnographic research in the forms of:
Case Overview - Part A
Kristena Louie, program manager for MO, strives to develop a digital marketing strategy for the college student market. Engaging this audience is "critical."
Microsoft Business Division publishes these findings:
Google has many university partnerships.
Facebook is becoming increasingly popular.
Microsoft has limited student use.
College students have distinct characteristics.
In regards to school, college students have certain productivity expectations.
After reading Shedding Light on a New Flame, did Microsoft effectively use an ethnographic research approach?
How will Microsoft's new mission statement effect its future?
"to create a family of devices and services for individuals and businesses that empower people around the globe at home, at work and on the go, for the activities they value most"
1. Establish a charter.
2. Generate and sense many
3. Screen opportunities.
4. Develop promising opportunities.
5. Select exceptional opportunities.
6. Reflect on the results and the
Opportunity Identification Process