Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ceres
From Sun: 445,410,000 km
From Sun: 2.55 AU
An orbit is "once around" to the exact same place again.
A Day on Ceres is 9 hours long
Giuseppe Piazzi (1746-1846)
(An Italian Monk)
Originally classified as an asteroid, later as a Dwarf Planet.
January 1, 1801
Ceres has not nearly the same Gravity as Earth. you would only weight 2.8% as much on Venus.
Or gravity is 0.028 G
Maximum Temperature: -105 °C
Minimum Temperature: -38 °C
Ceres' circumference is 950 km around!
Ceres is less massive than the Earth. It is only 0.0015% as big as the Earth, or 0.00015
: Demeter, Greek Goddess of agriculture and abundance
Orbit (Earth years): 4.6
Signs indicate possible water vapor.
Atmosphere appears to "come and go" depending on solar activity.
Lots of Craters
How old would you be if you
were a Ceresian?
Just 1 probe. The Dawn spacecraft
Currently in orbit around Ceres.
water ice, with small amounts of other