Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Plato
Plato was born in Classical Athens Circa 428 B.C.E . He Died in Athens Circa 348 B.C.E .
Three Historic Events That Occurred When He Was Alive
1. Sparta's King Archidamus II is succeeded by his son Agis II.
2. Xenophon, Greek historian, soldier, mercenary and an admirer of Socrates. (d. 354 BC)
3. Coinage is introduced into Rome for the first time.
Platos Marital and Family Status
Platos Family Is Dead.
What Was Platos Education
Apuleius informs us that Speusippus praised Plato's quickness of mind and modesty as a boy, and the "first fruits of his youth infused with hard work and love of study". Plato must have been instructed in grammar, music , and gymnastics by the most distinguished teachers of his time. Dicaearchus went so far as to say that Plato wrestled at the Isthmian games. Plato had also attended courses of philosophy; before meeting Socrates, he first became acquainted with Cratylus (a disciple of Heraclitus, a prminent pre-Socratic Greek philosopher) and the Heraclitean doctrines. W.A. Borody argues that and Athenian openness towards a wider range of sexuality may have contributed to the Athenian philosophers' openness towards a wider range of thought, a cultural situation Borody describes as polymorphously discursive.
By : Josh