Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Lesson 01.05 Earth's Early Atmoshpere
Transcript of Lesson 01.05 Earth's Early Atmoshpere
Pig, cow, sheep
Tomato horn worm
# of differences in amino acid sequence
1. When scientists say that living organisms share a universal genetic code they mean that every organisms have similar amino acids in their genetic sequence, up to a certain point. Even though there are changes in their codes, they are similar to a extent.
2. A universal genetic code relates to the hypothesis of the origin of life on earth because of the fact that even though organisms can be completely different physically, they must have all come from the same origin to share a similar genetic code.
3. Self-replicating molecules are essential to the most popular hypothesis about the origin of life because self-replicating molecules explain how one organism, such as a elephant, could have a similar amino acid code, as another organism, for example a mouse. Even though they are two completely different animals, they could have a similar genetic code. This wouldn't be possible without self-replicating molecules that were passed down throughout time, from the origin of all life on Earth.
4. Similarities and differences in genetic codes could be used to determine how closely related different species are by comparing and contrasting the amino acids in their genetic codes and observing which are the same and which are different and how alike each species is to the other.
5. The closest related species, genetically, to the human and chimpanzee is the Pekin Duck, and the furthest related species genetically is the Candida Yeast and the Neurospora. The Pekin Duck's genetic code only has 2 differnces to the human and chimpanzee genetic code, while the Candida Yeast and Neurospora have 19.
Lesson 01.05 Earth's Early Atmosphere
Made by: Shannon Mcphearson