Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Film Production Process
Transcript of Film Production Process
Film Production Process
Film Production Cycle
The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) is a pubic funded incentive for investors who invest in typically early stage risky businesses who have real growth potential.
Marketing and Exchange
The 2 different types of funding:
: is money that comes from the government, which is essentially from people's taxes.
: is invested from individuals or from companies/organisations.
there are several kinds of ADs, but here are the most common:
- is directly responsible to the director and runs the floor or set.
- creates the daily call sheets from the production schedule and also serves as the backstage manager, in terms communicating with actors and putting cast through make-up and wardrobe.
- organize crowd scenes, and supervise one or more production assistants. This role is debatable with that fact that this role is very similar to the 2nd AD.
Runner (floor runner)
- help everything to run smoothly and provide a range of support in every area of film production. This role is very similar to a 1st AD or a floor manager, but the difference is that these two roles work closely with the director but a runner doesn't.
- is the person who auditions and helps choose all the cast in movies, television shows, and plays.
- A film director is a person who directs the making of a film. Generally, controls a film's artistic and dramatic aspects, and visualizes the script while guiding the technical crew and actors in the fulfillment of that vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- prepares and then supervises the making of a film before presenting the product to a financing entity or a film distributor. They might be employed by a film studio or be independent, yet either way they control the creative people as well as the accounting personnel.
Special Effects Technician
- is a person responsible for drastically changing and imitating a look. In addition, it could be in nearly all the fields of film production. Weather it being in make-up/costume, sound, lighting and editing.
- the costume and Make-up department work hand in hand in putting the look together of each character.
- run the planning side of the sound in terms of sorting out recording locations, booking recording studios and hiring sound eqipment.
- is the member of a film crew or television crew responsible for recording all sound recording on set during the film production. They use professional audio equipment, for later inclusion in the finished motion picture.
- recreate everyday sound effects which are added in post production to enhance the quality of audio for film. These sounds can be anything from the swishing of clothing and footsteps to squeaky doors and breaking glass. The best foley artist is so well integrated into a film that it goes unnoticed by the audience.
- in the motion picture industry is usually the head of the electrical department and is responsible for the execution of the lighting plan for a production's grips.
- are part of the creative team, working with the raw footage, selecting shots and combining them into sequences to create a finished motion picture.
Cinematographer/DOP (director of photography)
- is the chief over the camera and lighting crews working on a film, and responsible for achieving artistic and technical decisions related to the image in a frame.
Foreign Film Industry
Cannes is the biggest film festival in the world.
The Foreign film industries have proven popular, with the main one Hollywood being the principal center of the US movie industry, there is also Bollywood which is based in Mumbai, India and Nollywood which is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
This is a list of the basic, most common equipment used in the production of a motion picture.
The investors on the hugely popular TV show, 'Dragon's Den' are examples of private investors. They give there money directly to their client, without going through any governmental procedures.
Feature & Short films
A feature film is the principal full length film in a program in a cinema. A feature film is a film with a full-length running time. According to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, American Film Institute, and British Institute, a feature film runs for 40 minutes or longer, while the Screen Actors Guild states that it is 80 minutes or longer.
A short film is any film not long enough to be considered a feature film. the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences defines a short film as "an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits".
Their target audience is everyone. All the genres more or less fits to every single living being on this planet because of the vast amount of films that fit at least one part of someone's life.
This is the cycle in which the motion picture goes from pre production to audience consumption and then goes around again and again.