Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GWS 150: Sex and Gender (08/26/15)
Transcript of GWS 150: Sex and Gender (08/26/15)
Sex & Gender
What is the relationship
between sex and gender?
Fausto-Sterling disputes the belief that humans are perfectly dimorphic
Too Fast to Be a Woman: The Story of Caster Semenya
sexual identity is not
based on genitalia
Sex and Gender as a Multidimensional Space
sex - genetic/cellular level
sex - hormonal
sex - anatomical
Sex and Gender as Dimorphic
2) We are constrained by
our sex and
How and why do we enforce the boundaries between masculine and feminine?
1) Gender variation
Words associated with
Your Sex Phenotype
On a piece of paper include:
2) TA Name
3) Section Time
4) Answer the Question Below:
Lecture Assignment #1