Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wuthering Heights - Cathy & Isabella
Transcript of Wuthering Heights - Cathy & Isabella
Catherine & Isabella Isabella
Linton By Emily Brontë - Daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Earnshaw
- Sister of Hindley Earnshaw
- Married Edgar Linton
- Mother of Catherine
- Starved herself, grew weak, & died - Daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Linton
- Sister of Edgar Linton
- Mother of Linton
- Died in London Fell in love with Heathcliff
- Isabella loved him for his appearance
- Catherine had always been
compatible with Heathcliff They both were.... - Educated women
- Taught in lady-like etiquette
- Had a strong tie (or need)
to communicate with Nelly But they also shared REGRETS - Isabella married Heathcliff, but later regretted doing so. Catherine married Edgar, but loved Heathcliff more. "My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath:
a source of little visible delight...I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind..." - Catherine "His new source of trouble sprang from the not anticipated
misfortune of Isabella Linton evincing a sudden and irresistible attraction towards the tolerated guest (Heathcliff)." Constructing Plot Catherine married Edgar, which broke Heathcliff's heart
To hurt Catherine, Heathcliff married Isabella to gain her wealth and to make Catherine jealous.
This made Catherine and Isabella's relationship irritable at times. "...Heathcliff. I only wish us never to be parted..." - Catherine "I do hate him- I am wretched-I have been a fool!..." - Isabella RIP RIP RIP