Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mother Teresa
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa Canonization & Beatification For over a century starting with just the very first martyrs of the Catholic church saints have been chosen as role models of our faith. From public acclaim gradually, moving towards bishops and then finally, Vatican's have taken authority over beatifying approving saints. Mother Teresa's work has been recognized and acclaimed throughout the world and she has received a number of awards and distinctions. These include the:
Pope John XXIII
Peace Prize (1971),
Nehru Prize for Promotion of International Peace & Understanding (1972), Balzan Prize (1978),
Nobel Peace Prize (1978)
Bharat Ratna (1980). Sucess' Born on August 27th 1910, the youngest of three children in Skopje, Macedonia. Mother Teresa's official name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. At the age of 12 her love for Christ had grew and she had an ambition of working as a missionary, preaching about God. At the age of 18 she had decided to leave her home in Skopje and work with the sisters of Loretta. Where she changed her name from Agnes to Sister Teresa. Canonization and Beatification
Missionary of Charities
Beatification of Mother Teresa
What people consider Mother Teresa the Saint of
A poem (By: Mother Teresa)
Prayer and quotes
Why I chose Mother Teresa as my Saint? Table of Contents a video dedicated to Mother Teresa
- Angelina Mother Teresa's Childhood Mother Teresa had moved to India a few months after her training as a nun and had taken her initial vows on May 24 th 1931 . From that year onwards to 1948 she had taught children geography and catechism at a St. Mary's high school. The poverty outside the walls of the school had a big impact on her. Resulting in her leaving the convent school to work among the poorest of the poor. She devoted her life to the slums of Calcutta. On October 7th 1950 she had gotten permission from the Vatican to start her own order. Which was called "missionary of charities". The primary job of the order was to look after the homeless and lonesome children. Starting from about 12 members within Calcutta, there is now more than 4000 members worldwide where nuns not only run orphanages but AIDS hospices, charity centers, and caring for the refugees as well plus many more. Life Journey Betification of Mother Teresa On Oct. 19, 2003, Pope John Paul II beatified Mother Teresa of Calcutta, who died in 1997. The beatification had taken place in Rome for the God fearing nun. Her popularity had even remained in the months after her death. The process leading up to the beatification has been the shortest in modern history. In early 1999—less than two years after Mother Teresa's death—Pope John Paul had changed the normal five-year waiting period and allowed the immediate opening of her canonization cause. What people consider Mother
Teresa the Saint of ! Even though Mother Teresa isn't canonized yet she is still considered a saint of some sort. After 15 years of her death people have considered her a "saint of the slums" or the "saint of the gutters". She is highly respected for her work among the poor in the filthy streets of Calcutta. She is a role model to all of us who look at someone on the outside and judge them accordingly. watch the video Watch the Video My Role Model A role model to me is someone that I admire and hope to be like someday in the future. Mother Teresa is a great role model in general and to me she has met my expectations of putting God first and not letting anyone stop you from what you must do. She showed others the value of caring for others and being a true catholic believer. She was reflecting God's image and has helped me to understand that I should be cleansed and clean in heart to welcome others in my life. Miracles An indian woman in Calcutta had severe pain in her abdomen which was a abdominal tumor. The lady opened a locket with Mother Teresa's picture in it and it instantly healed. her pain was gone and her family was blessed.
Dear Jesus, help us to spread your fragrance everywhere we go;
Flood our souls with your spirit and life.
Penetrate and possess our whole being so utterly
that our lives may only be a radiance of yours.
Shine through us and be so in us
that every soul we come in contact with
may feel your presence in our soul.
Let them look up and see no longer us, but only Jesus.
Stay with us and then we shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be light to others.
The light, O Jesus, will be all from you.
None of it will be ours.
It will be you shining on others through us.
Let us thus praise you in the way you love best
by shining on those around us.
Let us preach you without preaching, not by words, but by our example
by the catching force - the sympathetic influence of what we do;
the evident fullness of the love our hearts bear to you. Prayer 4 Mother Teresa "There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives - the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. The poor you may have right in your own family. Find them. Love them."
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness."
-Mother Teresa Quotes THX 4 WATCHIN MY PREZI............ - ANGELINE THE EXCHANGE