Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sense Perception
Human Sciences - Field of psychology
Natural Sciences - The logical explanation
Claim and Counterclaim
We cannot trust our sense perception as it misguides us and provides us with inaccurate information
Sense perception is the only ways human know to gain knowledge, be it shared or personal, from the world - fundamental way of knowing - "we have no direct access to the physical world other than through our senses" Beau Lotto
We make a best fit of images created by our eyes, added that we do so by perceiving the whole rather than little bits of the object we're looking at individually.
Beau Lotto's theory :
We have evolved a way of seeing the world that suits us best and we are very selective in the way we view the world. Context is everything, our minds often trick us into seeing things based on previous experiences.