Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lack of Disability Rights
Transcript of Lack of Disability Rights
Horn, L. & Berktold, J. (1999). Students with disabilities in
postsecondary education. A profile of preparation, participation, and outcomes. Educational Statistics Quarterly, 1(3), 59-64.
Stodden, R. A. (1998). School-to-work transition: Overview of
disability legislation. In F. Rusch & J. Chadsey (Eds.), Beyond high school: Transition from school to work. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
SHEP Winter Project. (2012). Retrieved May 01, 2017, from
Post secondary Enrollment
Enrolled 63% 72%
Type of institutions 2-year 4-year
4-year schools 42% 62%
Bachelor's Degree 16% 27%
(Horn & Berktold, 1999).
Supported Higher Education Project
*85% more likely to get a job
Jeff Bradford- SHEP Director at University of Kentucky
*Those of Us DisLabeled.
Academic Tutoring Support
To support individuals with intellectual disabilities in post secondary education so that they can get better jobs.
(SHEP Winter Project, 2012)