Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Last but not least
The Five paragraph Essay:
Structure of a Paragraph
1) Topic Sentence
3) Concluding sentences
It is the LAST sentence in the paragraph. It summarizes the main idea. (In an essay, it may lead to, or connect with, the first sentence of the next paragraph)
What is the structure of an essay?
Introduction: 1st paragraph
1) Hook: provocative statement, quotations, that catches the reader's attention
2) Thesis: a topic with an argument
3) Indicators: some indication to the reader as to the structure or organization that the essay will follow
Body paragraphs (3): Paragraph 2-4
Strong argument and proof x 3
Conclusion: Restatement or affirmation that the thesis has been proved
Monday March 25th
The body of the Paragraph
The Concluding Sentence
An "Essay" is several paragraphs put together
A visual representation of a paragraph can be seen through the "Hamburger"approach. A five paragraph essay contains five hamburgers. Another analogy for essays would be the "Keyhole" approach.
The wrap up
-It is the FIRST sentence in the paragraph.
-It states the main idea!
-It always relates to your thesis.