Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Discrimination in gender and sexuality
Transcript of Discrimination in gender and sexuality
- Sex Discrimination Act
- Equal Pay Act Discrimination based on gender and sexuality Heterosexual vs. Homosexual/Asexual by Sifra Matthijsse and Sanne Huijsman Advertisement 1 In advertisements and commercials Discrimination of homo-, bi- and asexuals Advertisement 2 Commercial Discrimination in sexuality - Unfair treatment based on attraction
- Gayism, Bisexuality, Asexuality Prevention? - Measures: campaigns of government or
- Barack Obama:
- World wide scale: too large
Not all countries willing to
participate Analysis Analysis Analysis Analysis Color symbolism: homo and bi-sexuality
Part of gay pride flag Nouns in grey -Compares two different things Negative verb Negative connotation Urgers viewer
to do the "right"
thing Contractions Informal Being gay is not a choice! Analysis Color symbolism: asexuality
Part of the asexual pride flag Symbolism Shoe:
- Size shoe > woman implies male race > female race
- "MAX SHOES" in capitals emphasizes feeling of greatness Symbolism woman:
- Dangerous position, wrong move results in being crushed by shoe:
enhances feeling of suppression
- As if women's careers are being crushed by those of male's Symbolism shoelaces:
- Submissive to men
- Positioning of body: inferiority, sexual relationship
- Audience: men What? How? - Prejudices society/religion: 'wrong' or 'weird'
- Strange fact: in old English 'gay' meant 'happy', no sexual
- 1. Malicious remarks and abusive words
2. Prohibition of activities
3. Dangerous and life threatening
4. Federal offence “I favour legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.” How - Unfair treatment based on gender
- Usually applies to women 1. Pressure to look good
2. Glass ceiling - no top functions
3. Gender wager gap
4. Sexual harrasment World wide scale: hard.
Countries have different:
- social standards Eleanor Roosevelt: "Remember no one can make you feel
inferior without your consent" Personal pronoun
Enumeration "BK": acronym
"SUPER SEVEN": alliteration
"juicy and flame grilled": gustatory imagery
"your desire for something long, juicy": sensory imagery
"mind-blowing" & "flame-grilled": compound adj. - Comparison male genital organ:
- Sexual connotations
- Symbolism sexual intercourse
- Audience: both men and women Personal
Stereotypes Asexuality and homosexuality
are not a choice! - By Women's Sport Foundation & Gatorade
- Purpose: prevent society from ruining pleasure in sports/activities
- Audience: Young, teenage girls + circles
- Tone: Disapproving
- Society's standards elimination freedom + inability making decisions
- Social pressure influence/distortion development girls
-Slogan: "Keep her in the game" - By Invisible Parents
- Purpose: Encourages to accept same sex marriage
- Audience: All citizens
- Tone: Reminiscent/Encouraging
- Repetition/Motif: "when you look back"
- Element of surprise: who is the other parent?
- All marriages the same no matter their construction
- Second-person personal pronoun: Adresses viewer directly.
-Concluding sentence: "most of Europe doesn't recognize this family"
- Slogan: "Speak up and share" Analysis