Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Grassland Biome Foshizzle
Transcript of Grassland Biome Foshizzle
:3 Where are grasslands Located in Canada? What does a grassland look like? - If grassland becomes to dry, the biome can't support the organisms
- Grasslands can survive weather from -25 degrees to 70 degrees
- All 4 seasons
- The humidity for an grassland biome is around 50% to 60% percent
- Very hot and rainy - Water/rain (10-20 inches of water
- Soil (soil contains a large proportion of clay)
-Sun( grasslands get 80% of sun)
-Plenty of rocks (may different shapes and sizes)
- Oxygen ( because of the low amount of tree's there is not much oxygen but still enough for organisms to live off of) Abiotic Elements Biotic Elements: Plants biotic Elements: Animals www.hamiltonnature.org/habitats/grasslands/grasslands.htm
All of these websites contain most of the information given in this presentation.
ANY INFORMATION NOT FOUND ON THESE SITES WERE PROBABLY FROM A BOOK.
all of this information can be easily found on google. None of which were taken from wiki ask.com or any stupid site you can think of. References/Ending Credits: THIS IS A VIDEO OF A TEMPERATE GRASSLAND AND WHAT IT GOES THROUGH: Thanks for watching!!!! stay in school ( well it's obvious you are because if you didn't you couldn't watch this) BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE( Never ending E's)EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(wish it would stop?)EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Okay yeah bye :D - Area is covered in grass
- Tallest grass grows up to 11 feet
- Few Trees and shrubs
- It's very sunny not a lot of shade due to not many trees
- Grasslands get 80% of sunlight a year
- Covers hundreds of square miles
- Plenty of rocks What is the climate like in a grassland? - Usually very tall grass
- As I said before can grow up to 11 feet
- Grasses that grow( Buffalo grass, rye grass, fox tail, wild oats, purple needle grass, and many more!)
- Trees and shrubs that grow in grasslands are usually destroyed by wildfire
- Many wild flowers grow in grasslands like: indigo's, clovers, sunflowers, golden rods, blazing stars and asters) - There are hundreds of species of animals in a grassland
- Some small insects and reptiles are ( Tiger beetles, Leopard Gecko and hundreds of others)
-Also have larger animals(Bison, African Elephant- known for mammoth's size and power-)
There are also many predators such as( Cheetah, coyote, Jackals,hyena, Prairie dogs, bobcats, wolves and plenty more) This is a map of where grasslands can be found in Canada >:) Grassland in spring...
Sooooo pretty :P This is a grassland in the summer time almost no trees
So sad :( This a a picture of a grassland in the winter so cold BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :} This is pretty self explanitory.... Just a bunch of flowers and plants Grassland food web: THING EATING THINGS PEOPLE EATING PEOPLE HORSES EATING HORSES No I'm kidding >:P Biome: Grasslands - Grassier than ever This Prezi Was Created By Jamaica Amor Strachan of TP7