Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Common Core-ize Your PD!
Transcript of Common Core-ize Your PD!
Depth of Knowledge
Individually. . .
2. Generate a list of
skill outcomes for students
that are embodied in the Common Core Standards.
In pairs or trios, use the Depth of Knowledge PowerPoint to try your hand at transforming a
into a learner centered, meaning making activity!
3b. Group Storm!
One Way To Transform a PowerPoint Presentation Into Learner Centered Experience
1. Create your Learning Outcomes/Targets: What participants will be able to DO with the new knowledge.
Common Core-ize Your PD Game
Executive Director Core Learning
Alameda County Office of Education
You will identify Common Core principles and instructional strategies.
a. Share Your Ideas with a partner
b. Listen to your partners ideas
c. Note similarities-differences
You will use an instructional planning tool based on Common core instructional principals to
into a 'learning-by-creating' experience.
3a. Thinking of the outcomes or principles you defined, list some actual
teachers or students would be engaged in an exemplary Common Core classroom
a. Form groups of 4 - 6
1. Define or give synonyms for the word:
b. Choose a volunteer to add your group's ideas to the Padlet
2. Choose resources for participants to use to make meaning
3. Design facilitated learning experiences. Include individual, small
group, & whole group interactions to help them make meaning
4. Include formative assessment opportunities at key 'chunks'
* Look back: Where would a technology tool enhance an activity?
5. Design a meaningful application for the new knowledge
Find another group, share your ideas for the
(5 minutes for each group to share
Together. . .
Define Meaningful Real World Outcome(s)
Meaning Making Resources
using the 4 C's:
Why learn this?
What can I do with it?
What is it really?
What is at the core?
Where and how can technology ENHANCE learning activities?
Communication: Twitter, Blog, Back channel (Today's Meet), Slideshare
Collaboration: Google Doc/Plus, Padlet, Edmodo, Skype
Critical Thinking: Google docs, Socrative, MindNode(Mac/iOS), FreeMind, Coggle, etc
Creativity: Blog, wevideo/iMovie, Prezi, Keynote, Explain Everything, Book Creator, Paper by 53, SlideShare, Glogster, Screencast-o-matic,
How: A Theory of Action