Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Common Core-ize Your PD!
Transcript of Common Core-ize Your PD!
Depth of Knowledge
Individually. . .
2. Generate a list of
skill outcomes for students
that are embodied in the Common Core Standards.
In pairs or trios, use the Depth of Knowledge PowerPoint to try your hand at transforming a
into a learner centered, meaning making activity!
3b. Group Storm!
One Way To Transform a PowerPoint Presentation Into Learner Centered Experience
1. Create your Learning Outcomes/Targets: What participants will be able to DO with the new knowledge.
Common Core-ize Your PD Game
Executive Director Core Learning
Alameda County Office of Education
You will identify Common Core principles and instructional strategies.
a. Share Your Ideas with a partner
b. Listen to your partners ideas
c. Note similarities-differences
You will use an instructional planning tool based on Common core instructional principals to
into a 'learning-by-creating' experience.
3a. Thinking of the outcomes or principles you defined, list some actual
teachers or students would be engaged in an exemplary Common Core classroom
a. Form groups of 4 - 6
1. Define or give synonyms for the word:
b. Choose a volunteer to add your group's ideas to the Padlet
2. Choose resources for participants to use to make meaning
3. Design facilitated learning experiences. Include individual, small
group, & whole group interactions to help them make meaning
4. Include formative assessment opportunities at key 'chunks'
* Look back: Where would a technology tool enhance an activity?
5. Design a meaningful application for the new knowledge
Find another group, share your ideas for the
(5 minutes for each group to share
Together. . .
Define Meaningful Real World Outcome(s)
Meaning Making Resources
using the 4 C's:
Why learn this?
What can I do with it?
What is it really?
What is at the core?
Where and how can technology ENHANCE learning activities?
Communication: Twitter, Blog, Back channel (Today's Meet), Slideshare
Collaboration: Google Doc/Plus, Padlet, Edmodo, Skype
Critical Thinking: Google docs, Socrative, MindNode(Mac/iOS), FreeMind, Coggle, etc
Creativity: Blog, wevideo/iMovie, Prezi, Keynote, Explain Everything, Book Creator, Paper by 53, SlideShare, Glogster, Screencast-o-matic,
How: A Theory of Action