Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Near vs. Minnesota
Transcript of Near vs. Minnesota
-> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> Song: Space Exploration by Cosmic Gate. Random facts * J.M Near started to publish the Saturday press again in April 1932.
* If he would have been found guilty, the sentence would have been a fine of $1000 + up to 12 months in jail.
* J.M. Near's attorney would be the future Mayor of Minneapolis his name: Thomas Latimer. In total, this case was trailed for 5 times:
#1: Court: Hennepin county superior Ruling: Guilty, Judge: Judge Baldwin.
#2: Court : MN Supreme, Ruling: guilty
#3: Court: Hennepin county superior, Ruling: guilty, Judge: Judge Baldwin
#4: Court: MN Supreme, Ruling: guilty
#5: Court: US Supreme, Ruling: innocent What's the Question ? The question is Does the Minnesota gag law violate the free press provision of the First Amendment? Picture of J.M. Near -> -> -> -> -> -> -> ->