Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Dr. Jose P. Rizal
Transcript of Dr. Jose P. Rizal
the Poetry Rizal's poetry reveals the nationalist's idealism that infuses a tenacity of purpose . The majority of Rizal's verses written in Spanish and Filipino were composed while abroad, on his return to his motherland , in exile , and before his death . He wrote poems on education and religion , love of nature and of nation . chapter 5 Spark (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Rizal's first poem * He wrote this poem when he was 8 years old .
* Rizal stated in this poem that " a people who
truly love their native language will surely strive
for liberty , like a bird which soars freer space
above . " this are some of
Rizal' poem A Remembrance for My Town Un Recuerdo a mi Pueblo * Rizal wrote this poem in the year 1876 .
* In this poem he recalls the beauty and peace of Kalamba that inspired his love for nature and confidence with God . There are three poems of Rizal that are directly concerned with the immediacy of acquiring character eduction . First : To Education * In this poem Rizal speaks learning asa an inspiring goddess .
* He also acknowledges the gratitude that achievement owes to education , and compares education to a lighthouse . ( A la Education ) Second : Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education * This poem was written last April 19 , 1876 .
* In this he expresses his belief that religion is important in the education of man . Religion serves as a guide , as nourishement , as invigorant to good education . ( Alianza Intima Entre la Religion y la Buena Educacion ) Third : Through Education the Motherland Recieves Light * This poem was written on April 1 , 1876 .
* He stressed the benefits of an enlightened citizentry : an aura of peace , youthful usefulness , the antidote of crime and vice , determination of government , and humanized men . ( Por la Educacion Recibe Lustre la Patria ) El Heroismo : Canto Epico Heroism : An Epic Song * A manuscript believed to be lost and was recovered in 1946 from the Rizaliana portion of the National Library collection .
* It reveals Rizal's preoccupation with heroic virtues and humanistic values and attitudes which he would advice his people to develop . A la Juventud Filipina To the Filipino Youth * This was written on November 22 ,1879 and was Rizal's first-prized winning poem .
* The poem was accepted and impressed the Spanish judges ; it recieved the top prize and a silver feather-shaped pen . Canto de Maria Clara Song of Maria Clara * Written on 1887 .
* In this poem the verses in Noli Me Tangere which have been set to music by Juan Hernandez . A mi Musa To My Muse * Written in 1890 .
* This poem shows his dillusionment over the lukewarm attitude of the Filipinos in Spain in working reforms from the Spanish Government . A Don Ricardo Carcinero To Don Ricardo Carcinero * This poem was written last August 26 , 1892 .
* Rizal's enemies were so frightened by the potent pen of Rizal that in his trial in 1896 , they even included this poem as documentary testimony to substantiate the charge of treason . Mi Retiro My Retreat * A poem written while in exile in Dapitan .
* Rizal's life in Dapitan was a welcome respite , a sanctuary from political turbulence and involvement . Ultimo Adios My Last Farewell * This poem was probably composed as early as December 12 , 1986 .
* Rizal's final poem was originally untitled , found scribbled on a sheet ingenously inserted by the author in an alcohol burner that he gave as a gift to his sister Trinidad .
* In this poem Rizal shows that even in the face of death , there is an outpouring of love for country , accompanied by an obsession to die for the country . end . . . Sa Aking Mga Kabata Some of Rizal's other poem .