Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dr. Jose P. Rizal
Transcript of Dr. Jose P. Rizal
the Poetry Rizal's poetry reveals the nationalist's idealism that infuses a tenacity of purpose . The majority of Rizal's verses written in Spanish and Filipino were composed while abroad, on his return to his motherland , in exile , and before his death . He wrote poems on education and religion , love of nature and of nation . chapter 5 Spark (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Rizal's first poem * He wrote this poem when he was 8 years old .
* Rizal stated in this poem that " a people who
truly love their native language will surely strive
for liberty , like a bird which soars freer space
above . " this are some of
Rizal' poem A Remembrance for My Town Un Recuerdo a mi Pueblo * Rizal wrote this poem in the year 1876 .
* In this poem he recalls the beauty and peace of Kalamba that inspired his love for nature and confidence with God . There are three poems of Rizal that are directly concerned with the immediacy of acquiring character eduction . First : To Education * In this poem Rizal speaks learning asa an inspiring goddess .
* He also acknowledges the gratitude that achievement owes to education , and compares education to a lighthouse . ( A la Education ) Second : Intimate Alliance Between Religion and Good Education * This poem was written last April 19 , 1876 .
* In this he expresses his belief that religion is important in the education of man . Religion serves as a guide , as nourishement , as invigorant to good education . ( Alianza Intima Entre la Religion y la Buena Educacion ) Third : Through Education the Motherland Recieves Light * This poem was written on April 1 , 1876 .
* He stressed the benefits of an enlightened citizentry : an aura of peace , youthful usefulness , the antidote of crime and vice , determination of government , and humanized men . ( Por la Educacion Recibe Lustre la Patria ) El Heroismo : Canto Epico Heroism : An Epic Song * A manuscript believed to be lost and was recovered in 1946 from the Rizaliana portion of the National Library collection .
* It reveals Rizal's preoccupation with heroic virtues and humanistic values and attitudes which he would advice his people to develop . A la Juventud Filipina To the Filipino Youth * This was written on November 22 ,1879 and was Rizal's first-prized winning poem .
* The poem was accepted and impressed the Spanish judges ; it recieved the top prize and a silver feather-shaped pen . Canto de Maria Clara Song of Maria Clara * Written on 1887 .
* In this poem the verses in Noli Me Tangere which have been set to music by Juan Hernandez . A mi Musa To My Muse * Written in 1890 .
* This poem shows his dillusionment over the lukewarm attitude of the Filipinos in Spain in working reforms from the Spanish Government . A Don Ricardo Carcinero To Don Ricardo Carcinero * This poem was written last August 26 , 1892 .
* Rizal's enemies were so frightened by the potent pen of Rizal that in his trial in 1896 , they even included this poem as documentary testimony to substantiate the charge of treason . Mi Retiro My Retreat * A poem written while in exile in Dapitan .
* Rizal's life in Dapitan was a welcome respite , a sanctuary from political turbulence and involvement . Ultimo Adios My Last Farewell * This poem was probably composed as early as December 12 , 1986 .
* Rizal's final poem was originally untitled , found scribbled on a sheet ingenously inserted by the author in an alcohol burner that he gave as a gift to his sister Trinidad .
* In this poem Rizal shows that even in the face of death , there is an outpouring of love for country , accompanied by an obsession to die for the country . end . . . Sa Aking Mga Kabata Some of Rizal's other poem .