Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of AS PE - Socio-cultural studies
Transcript of Copy of AS PE - Socio-cultural studies
that gets the
and the heart pumping harder than at rest.
It is also an umbrella term encompassing
that are pursued for a
variety of reasons
and benefits at a relatively
which take place in the
which are pursued for a
variety of reasons
physical, personal, preparatory and qualitative values
physical activity in
in and about
Definition - an
that is of an
How does the term 'physical activity' differ from 'exercise'?
Physical Recreation in detail-
- Playful attitude
- Participation without extrinsic rewards
- participation, not performance
- taking part over winning
- enjoyment rather than record breaking
Can you think of examples?
- List 5 each
Outdoor Recreation in detail
This is part of Physical Recreation so shares many characteristics.
The key difference is location with outdoor recreation taking place in the 'natural' environment eg. mountains, rivers, coast or countryside.
Physical Education in detail
Compulsory subject in National curriculum
Concerned with personal, social, lifestyle and emotional development
You will need to be able to define PE, identify key characteristics and establish the benefits
AS PE - Socio-cultural Studies
Outdoor Education in detail
- Uses natural and semi-natural environment to create a sense of risk.
- Has the same potential benefits as PE (health, personal, preparation for active leisure and increased quality of life.
You also need to understand the potential barriers to participation in Outdoor Education!
Go to page 223 & make notes :)
Sport in detail
Sport is only on type of physical activity!
In analysing if an activity is a sport it is useful to consider:
- Vigorous physical exertion
Deviance (in Sport)
You need to know these key terms associated with sport
Who on earth would run a marathon in a fancy dress costume?!!!