Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Touchstone 3 Unit 4
Transcript of Touchstone 3 Unit 4
DongA University Humanities
Tell your partner about your family.
Who are your family members?
How often does your family eat together?
What fun things does your family like to do together?
Who is your favorite family member?
let, make, help, have, get, want, ask, and tell
My parents won't
home before 10:00.
My kids never
their homework before dinner.
I have to
My wife is always
Activity 1.C. (P. 34)
Read the webpage and complete the sentences.
4. to clean
5. to slow down
Pair Work: Are there some things that you gripe about with your family. Discuss with your partner.
Activity 2.A. (P. 35)
Choose the correct verbs to complete the sentences.
6. to get
9. to be
Make five of the sentences true about yourself and discuss with your partner:
Example: "My parents always let me walk to school by myself."
What are some demands that your parents make?
Check the answers that apply to you.
Compare with your partner.
Small Group Discussion
Do you think that you are very different from your parents?
Discuss with your group some of the ways that you are different.
Discuss some of the ways that you and your parents are similar.
Discuss some things that you wish you could change about your family.
Discuss some of the things that you love about them.
Use "used to" to talk about regular activities or situations in the past that don't happen now or are no longer true.
over to my sister's house a lot.
candy in her pockets.
The five of us
on a team.
Use "would" for regular (common) activities in the past.
with my niece and nephew.
Activity B1B (P. 36) Complete the chart with the family words from the reading.
Activity B2 (P. 37)
Complete the activity, adding your own examples from your memories.
Afterward, discuss with your partner.
Activity B3B (p37)
Using the sentences below, change the words and talk about things that you used to like to do.
1. I used to love
2. I used to hate
3. I used to be afraid of
4. We used to have
5. My sister used to
tease me a lot.
Remember: Your example should be something that used to be true that is no longer true.
What are some things about your family members that you really love?
What are some things about your family members that bother you sometimes?
Except your journal, of course. :)
* COMPLETE THE UNIT VOCABULARY PRACTICE AND THE EXTRA PRACTICE PAGES IN THE BACK OF YOUR BOOK.
* MEET WITH YOUR LANGUAGE PRACTICE TEAM FOR ONE HOUR EVERY WEEK AND SEND ME TWO PICTURES...AT THE BEGINNING AND END.
* MAKE TWO CORRECTIONS IN YOUR JOURNAL EVERY DAY: FIND TWO MISTAKES IN GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION, OR SPELLING. CORRECT THE MISTAKES AND HIGHLIGHT THE CHANGES